Hong Kong Stand with Tibet
Hong Kong Stand with Tibet was established in 2012. We have conduct various activities in Dharamsala, India, and Hong Kong. Through these activities, we hope to improve the conditions in Tibet and promote cultural exchange.
1. Monitor human rights conditions in Tibet. Promote human rights and religious freedom in Tibet.
2. Reflect to Hong Kongers the Tibetan human rights conditions. Facilitate Hong Kongers’ concerns of Tibetan human rights and religious freedom.
3. Provide financial support to needy Tibetans, such as political prisoners, and others with special needs; subsidize to school-aged children’s schooling expenses; and assist Tibetans in exile towards self-sufficiency.
4. Facilitate cultural exchange, such as promoting Tibetan culture and arts in Hong Kong.
Previous activities in Hong Kong in support of Tibet
1.February 22 2012
candlelight vigil outside China Liaison Office for the self-immolated Tibettans
2. March 9 2012
Stand With Tibet in Mongkok
3. March 10 2012
Global Anti-oppresion, Free Tibet gathering at Statue of Freedom Fighter outside the Cultural Center, TST.
4. June 9 2012
Protest against PRC’s ethnic cleansing, outside China Liaison Office.
5. June 20 2012
Global Support Tibet Day, outside China Liaison Office.
6. June 30 2012
Open letter to Hu Jin-tao recited at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
7. July 1 2012
Preserve Tibetan Natural Resources, Protect Tibetan Soveignty. Canal Road street stall, 2-6pm, march from Canal Street to
China Liaison Office, 6-10pm.
8. 2012-Nov 14
Tibetan Youth Empowerment Art & Media Program Opening Cernomy.
9. November 9, 2012,
Tibetan Youth Empowerment Program’s Tibetan media equipment donation ceremony.
10.Jan-Feb 2013, 2-month
Tibetan Youth Art & Media Programme (TYMP) .
11. March 10,2013
Global Anti-oppresion, Free Tibet gathering outside the Cultural Center, TST.
12. April 2013
Create Break Wall Magazine.
13. April 2013
First Tibetan Film Festival (Hong Kong)-2013
14. April 25
Baptist University Tibetan Discussion Group
15. July 13, 2013
Protest PRC crackdown on Daohu Tibetans.
16. July 13 2013
City U, Chinese U, and Baptist U Tibetan Discussion Groups
17. December 3 2013, Dharamsala Student Cultural Exchange Program
18. March 2014
Open Himalaya Restaurant & Himalaya Library in Dharamsala India, mission for creating job opportunities & through
workshop, exchange & interaction to open dialogue ,Culture Exchange & Supporting.
19. 1 July 2014
Preserve Tibetan Natural Resources, Protect Tibetan Soveignty. Canal Road street stall, 2-6pm.
20. 6-12 Nov 2014
Second Tibet Film Festival ( Hong Kong)- 2014
21. May 2015
Jampaling Elders’ Home fundraising program
22. Nov 2015
The Third Hong Kong Tibet Film & Cultural Festival 2015
Person: Dorothy Hui Sin Ming
Teletphone: +852 9184-3276
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HKStandwithTibet